The dining table is the heart of a home

Friday, December 17, 2010

Leny's Favourite Things- Spicy Chorizo and Chickpea Pasta



I was watching Oprah the other day. It was the episode on " Oprah's Favourite Things ".

It was amazing to see the gifts she gave to the audience. I wish I was one of them.
I have to admit that I really like Oprah. I think she's real, generous and has such a heart to give to others.

So when it comes to MY Favourite things, I have heapssss......
Im greedy....=)....I won't go into all the details.

But I'm going to share one of my favourite pasta dish with you today.

This dish can be included as one my favourite meal. As I am currently away from home working at Ballarat, I'm only cooking for myself. So I often cook those one pot meals that are quick , easy and yummylicious. This is one of them.

The combination of spicy chorizo and the tomato sauce is just perfect for me.

So what's YOUR favourite pasta dish?



Spicy Chorizo and Chickpea pasta
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 125grams spaghetti
  • 1/4 onion
  • 2 bird's eye chillies
  • 1 Chorizo
  • 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup frozen green peas
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Methods:

1. Cook spaghetti to al dente

2. Chop onion and bird's eye chillies finely

3. Slice Chorizo to 1/2cm thickness

4. Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in frying pan

5. Once the oil is hot enough, add chorizo and brown on both sides

6. Once chorizo is ready, add in chopped onions and chillies. Fry until onion is soft

7. Add in tomato paste and canned tomatoes

8. Fry until the sauce is slightly thickened

9. Add in chickpeas and green peas

10. Cook until peas are soft

11. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to your liking

12. Drain spaghetti and add into the sauce. Mix lightly.

Tips:
  • I added a bit of salad leaves in as well for extra fiber.

1 comments:

Post a Comment