I made this for dinner few weeks ago. We just felt like having something not too heavy and healthy for dinner hence I made this. My family loved it, simple, easy and nutritious.
I just simply love foods that are healthy, delicious and easy to prepare. Especially for working moms or dads who are often caught up at work and got home a bit late, all of us need a few recipes up our sleeves that are quick and dinner will be ready in 30 mins. This is one of those recipes. Hope you like it too. Maybe you can share you easy simple recipes with me too. =)
Salmon with Pesto served on Peas Risotto
- 4 pieces of 200 grams salmon fillets
- Homemade pesto ( please click on the link for recipe)
- 3 cups risotto rice
- 6-7 cups chicken stock- keep warm in separate saucepan
- One brown onion- chopped
- 5 cloves garlic- chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas- thawed
- 4 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make a few slits on the skin of the salmons. Season salmons well with salt and pepper and brush with some oil on both sides.
- Heat up your grill pan ( if you don't have grill pan, normal frying pan will do too) and put the salmons on the pan skin side down first.
- Once the skin becomes crispy, flip over to cook the flesh side of the salmon.
- Cook the salmons around 3-4 mins on each side. Make sure not to over cook. The flesh of the salmons should still be slightly pink on the inside.
- Once the salmons are ready, set aside.
- Keep the chicken stock gently simmering in a saucepan
- In another pan, heat up few tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot, put in the onion and garlic and saute for few minutes
- Add in the rice, stirring to coat the rice with the oil.
- Add a ladleful of stock and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding stock one ladleful at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed each time before adding more, until the rice is tender and creamy yet still a little al dente
- When the rice is almost cooked, add in peas, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place rice on a plate, top with salmon and pesto.