The dining table is the heart of a home

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kue Kacang Skippy - Peanut Cookie





I have a confession to make. I love peanut and this is my favourite peanut butter cookies.

My wonderful mommy passed this recipe down to me. It's one of my favourite Chinese New Year cookies ever. I'm sure my sister mydatewithfood will agree too. It's a bit different from the usual peanut cookies we find in Malaysia or Singapore I think. In Indonesia we just use peanut butter, good old Kraft Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter. Hence the name Kue Kacang Skippy. I'm not sure if you only find this in Indonesia as most of the peanut cookies recipes I read from foodblog use roasted peanuts that are processed to powder form ( which is equally delicious too). Call us Indonesians lazy...ahhaha...but these cookies are oh so good and easy to make. Only 4 main ingredients needed. The moment you put them in your mouth, it just melts away. That's one of the difference with the peanut cookies using roasted peanuts, I find those to be a bit on the crispy crunchy side which is really yummy too, but this one is more on the "melt in your mouth" side. Give it a try and see if you like it. It definitely saves me the time roasting and grinding the peanuts.

I'm also submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #3: My favourite CNY cookies hosted by Jess' Kitchen.

Kue Kacang Skippy - Skippy Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 500grams Chunky Peanut Butter
  • 900 grams plain flour, sifted
  • 400 grams vegetable oil
  • 400 grams pure icing sugar, sifted
  • Pinch of salt
2 egg yolks to glaze the cookies before baking

Methods:
  1. Put all the ingredients ( oil, peanut butter, flour, icing sugar and salt) except egg yolk in a big bowl and mix well.
  2. Form the dough into small balls of 2-3cm diameter
  3. Glaze with beaten egg yolks and bake in 180 degrees celcius oven for 15-20 minutes until the tops are browned.
  4. Well, that's all you need to do really. SEEEEEE??? Told ya it's easy...=)
NOTES:
  • The dough will be on a sticky side. So get a bowl of flour ready just next to you, and after rolling 3-4 cookies, dust your hands very lightly with just a pinch of flour. Justttt a pinch, like this. Repeat dusting every 3-4 cookies.
Dust your hands with a bit of flour after rolling 3-4 cookies.
This will make the dough easier to handle.

  • With the full recipe I managed to make 3 big containers like this. And a bit more to munch before CNY..=)...


15 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

ohh this looks so perfect i'm so going to try it! thanks Leny!

Unknown said...

i love these!!!!!!

dinewithleny said...

Hi JEss, hope you like it too. It's really easy to make. But don't be put off by the stickiness of the dough. It's meant to be like that, just dust your hands with a bit of flour and you'll be alright.

Hi Calvin, come over for CNY and you can have some...=)

lena said...

hi leny, i've tried using the crunchy peanut butter before for my peanut cookies, they are simply fabulous, it saves all the roasting and grinding work for me, the ones that you baked looked really nice, i think muchmuch better than commercial ones!

Jean said...

it's really cool to have a sister who likes food as much as you do. these peanut cookies look really delicious and flavorful!

Cheah said...

Think I still have time to try out your recipe. Looks fab!

dinewithleny said...

@lena: Yea it's so easy to make with peanut butter. Saves the time to roast peanuts. =)...Thank you so much for your comment

@Jean: Yea my sister and I just love food. I guess coz we're so close to each other and we love the same thing too...ehhehe.... I started my blog coz I was so inspired by hers.

@Cheah: Hope you like them too cheah. Let me know how you go if you make them.

Small Small Baker said...

Thanks for joining Aspiring Bakers! Happy Rabbit Year to you! :)

Char said...

Hi. Thanks for the recipe. How long do I need to mix the ingredients? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Fabulously niceeee...:)

pea in a pod said...

made this 2 weeks ago and it was an instant hit. i just added 450g of the crunch peanut butter and 50g of butter instead of 500g of peanut butter.
it was amazing.
thank you.

Anonymous said...

Where to find crunch peanut butter? Can I justuse the skippy peanut butter?

julliet said...

this is the best and easy peanut cookies i ever know,everythings just perfect :)

StarshipPhantom42 said...

Adana
Elazığ
Kayseri
Şırnak
Antep
NK22TN

InfinityMatrixWizard101 said...

görüntülüshow
ücretli show
4VYZ04

Post a Comment